- Q?What are your rates?
We charge $80/hour.
We also offer custom monthly packages and a la carte services.
We’ve gone ahead and broken our services and offerings into a simple, straightforward, rate card.
If you have any questions or want to request a quote, you can contact us here.
- Q?What do your rates cover?
Collateral and brand design prices refer to design only, but we would be more than happy to oversee production too.
If you need something printed or produced as part of your promo, let us know!
We’ll give you a custom quote based on your needs.
- Q?What’s your process?
First, we listen. And then we listen some more.
Generally we’ll have some animated discussions that feel like we’re completely off track.
It will be fun.
Second, we distill.
We figure out what it is that we can help you with, and we go over it with you thoroughly to make sure that we both agree.
Then, we team build, and execute.
Depending on what we’re helping you with, turnaround can be overnight, or over months. It really depends on what you need to get your message out there.
We believe in putting the right people on the project. Kat is always involved, whether as a the creative director and head strategist, or in a more hands-on capacity. Her awesome team of talented, writers, directors, illustrators, producers, and suppliers are matched up for clients on a project by project basis, so you always have the best fit.
Kat’s approach is organic, unconventional, and fuelled by tenacity and a love of all things entrepreneurial and creative.
- Q?Are consultations free?
Preliminary consultations are free.
That means that we get to know you, and what your business might need for free. This can take anywhere between 1 and 3 hours, and we love every second.
When it comes to creating strategy, planning out or scheduling your social media posts, or creating a campaign overview based on your objectives, for example, we charge for consultation.
In some cases, that’s outside of the sticker price of our design work.
Our going rate is $80/hour, and planning sessions can take between 1 and 3 hours depending on your needs and the scope of your project.
No matter what, you always know what you’re getting into before we start a project.
Here’s an example of where the consulting fee is included in the project scope / package fee:
- Free consultation with you, President of Super Awesome Co. Ltd., where we decide we’re going to tweak your brand and apply the changes to your website.
- We send a quote over. Let’s say you go for the ‘From the Brand Up’ package which is $2000.00 all in.
- You give the thumbs up and after you accept the terms, we’re in business.
- The package sum includes 3 hours of strategic planning at $80.00/hour, and 2 revisions.
Here’s an example where we might bill it separately:
- Free consultation with you, President of Super Awesome Co. Ltd., where you ask us to jump in and help with some social media posting across Facebook, Twitter, and your blog, with a link out to your newsletter.
- We send a quote over with an outline of itemized, a la carte services that you approve.
- The A La Carte service menu, for example…would list 3, $15/tweets; 2, $25 engaging Facebook questions; 1, $1/word, 200 word blog post etc.
- Another item on that list would be a 2 hr, content strategy session billed out at $80.00/hour. This is where the actual content and storytelling copy would be created.
- Q?Can I arrange to pay in instalments?
We are totally aware that it’s sometimes hard to have your entire marketing or promo budget available to you at one time.
We can work out a monthly payment schedule that works for you, and for us.
See? Everyone can be happy.
- Q?Are you a print house?
No. We’re not.
But we have exclusive printers and custom promotion houses that we work with to get you the best prices, and the highest quality.
If you need something printed or produced in mass quantities, let us know.
We’ll pull together the information, get the best possible industry rate for you, and build you a custom quote.
- Q?What does ‘existing brand’ mean?
Existing brand/content means that:
- You have a logo in EPS or PDF form, and/or in high resolution (600 dpi or greater) TIFF or JPG format for various applications.
- You have all written and graphic content ready to supply for your collateral project. (You have the product photos you are going to put into the flyer you want us to design).
- You have an existing colour palette, existing fonts — basically an established visual foundation that needs adding to.
- Q?What does ‘existing footage’ mean?
‘Existing footage’ means that:
- You possess the footage in digital, raw, MPG2 or 4, .AVI, .MOV, etc. format.
- You own all copyright or have written copyright clearance of the footage.
- You know what parts of the footage you want used and have them marked accordingly.
- You have all other assets (images, graphics, audio etc.) cleared of copyright, owned outright, and available to the editor at project start.